2sxc 16 LTS is out. May the 4th be with you!
2sxc 16 has a lot of new amazing features we've been working on since X-Mas. We'll create separate blog posts for each major topic, but here's the overview:
- Dynamic DataSources allow you to create custom DataSources with as little as 10 lines of code, and distribute them with your Apps
- Formulas V2 is a major upgrade to Formulas providing intellisense, promise support and a lot more
- The WYSIWYG-Editor has new modes such as text-only, giving you more control over what can be done by the user
- JsonFormatter Attributes make it easy for WebAPIs to just return Entities
- Support for custom CDNs (Content Delivery Networks) to avoid GDPR issues
Some more technical bits
- Many new DataSources such as Sites, Pages, AppFiles, Users, Roles and more
- There's a new IDataService to make using DataSource in code much easier
- Dynamic code classes and WebApis now support constructor Dependency Injection
- Internally we also did a lot, completely reworking the logging and making almost all objects immutable which helps us create more robust code.
LTS - Long Term Support
LTS releases are meant to be the stable releases of 2sxc. To be fair, almost all the releases are stable, but LTS releases are tested more extensively and are also the main version we use ourselves on our hundreds of websites.
Remember that LTS means that we'll prioritize critical bugs and security patches on such releases, and that enterprise customers can use this together with the enterprise plugins such as WebFarm extension. But just to be clear: this is not a free waranty. 2sxc is still open source and licensed as MIT, which has no warranties included, unless you have Enterprise Support.
Celebrate 2sxc 16
To celebrate our new features we've been spending weeks on tutorials and documentations, and will release these within the next few days, so keep tuned 🤘🏽.
Next on the Roadmap
Our next big celebration will be Towel Day ☄️. Stay tuned for some awesome WYSIWYG enhancements.
Get in Now!
...from the GitHub releases.
With love from Switzerland and Croatia,
iJungleboy, Tonci, Duje